The WooCommerce plugin is the most popular eCommerce solution for WordPress.
Installation & Updates
The WooCommerce plugin is available for free on wordpress.org. You can:
- download it from wordpress.org
- install via WP Dashboard > Plugins > Add new panel
As any other plugin from wordpress.org, if a new version of the plugin is available, you will be notified about it directly in your WP Dashboard.
Set Homepage As Shop Page
To display the shop page on your homepage, please do as follows:
- Go to the WP Dashboard > Appearance > Customize page
- Switch to the Homepage Settings panel
- Set the Your homepage displays to A static page
- Then, for the Homepage select your shop page (the same you have selected for the WP Dashboard > Settings > WooCommerce > Settings > Products > Shop pages > Shop page)
Turn An Internal Product Into An External (Affiliate) Link
If you don’t want to sell products on your site (like normally WooCommerce does) but rather earn from affiliates (like Amazon.com) using referral links, please do as follows:
- Create a new product
- Go to its edition view
- Fill product data like title and image
- Under the WP Content Editor, you will find a meta box called Product Data. Change the Simple product to the External/Affiliate product
- Set the Product URL. This should be a product link that includes your referral id
- Set the Button text. Eg. it can be Buy on Amazon.com if you refer to Amazon.com product
- Set other product details if you wish (price etc)
- Save product
To enable Reactions for a WooCommerce product, please go to the WP Dashboard > Settings > What’s Your Reaction > General tab, and check the product post type in the Allow users to vote on post types option.
To enable Voting for a WooCommerce product, please go to the WP Dashboard > Settings > Snax > Voting tab, and check the product post type in the Allow users to vote on post types option.