Elementor is a drag-and-drop page builder plugin for WordPress.
Installation & Updates
The Elementor plugin is available for free on wordpress.org. You can:
- download it from wordpress.org
- install via WP Dashboard › Plugins › Add new panel
- install via WP Dashboard › Appearance > Install Plugins panel, it’s a part of the theme integration
As any other plugin from wordpress.org, if a new version of the plugin is available, you will be notified about it directly in your WP Dashboard.
The theme integration bases on the free Elementor version. You don’t need to buy the Elementor Pro version.
The integration covers:
- custom styling applied to Elementor built-in blocks
- theme custom blocks
- enabling the use of an Elementor page on the homepage, before the main posts feed
The theme is not responsible for plugin-related issues. Read more
Theme Custom Blocks
Bimber adds to the Elementor two powerful blocks:
- Bimber Collection – a collection of posts
- Bimber Categories – a post categories
- Bimber Newsletter Form – a newsletter form, a part of Mailchimp for WordPress plugin integration
To add a theme custom block, open a page to edit with Elementor, open Elements panel, and scroll down to the Bimber section where you can find all available blocks.
Display Elementor Page Before Posts Feed on Homepage
Normally you have to choose if your homepage will be a Static page (most frequently built using a builder) or Lastest Posts page. The theme allows you to display an Elementor created page into your homepage, right above the main posts feed.
To display Elementor powered page on your homepage, please follow these steps:
- Create a new page. Let’s call it Home – Elementor
- Go to the WP Dashboard › Appearance › Customize panel
- Switch to the Homepage Settings panel and check if the Your homepage displays is set to Your Latest posts. This step is crucial is you want to use both an Elementor page content and posts feed together
- Go back and now switch to the Home panel
- Choose the Elementor Page Builder Content section
- Choose the Home – Elementor page for the Inject content from page field
- Click the Edit page link below to start editing your custom homepage elements on the backend side
- Click the Edit using front-end builder link below to start editing your custom homepage elements using the live frontend editor
- Save a page. You don’t need to publish it
- The Home – Elementor page should now be displayed above the main posts feed on the homepage.
Links to Resources
Here some useful links that should help you get started with the Elementor: