The CommentAce plugin uses GIPHY, the world’s largest GIF library. To use that library, API access is required. You will need to create a GIPHY account and provide your App Key in the WP Dashboard > Settings > CommentAce > WP Comment Form > GIPHY App Key. Please read here on how to register a new account.
Supported Comment Types
Replying with GIF is only available with WordPress Comments.
Enable GIFs Replies
To allow users to use the GIPHY library while replying, please navigate to the WP Dashboard > Settings > CommentAce > WP Comment Form, and check the option Enable “Reply with GIF”? Below, please enter the GIPHY App Key.
How To Reply With GIFs?
To reply with GIF, please:
- Navigate to a single post
- Scroll down to the comments
- Find the comment form
- Inside the comment form text field, on the right, you should see the GIF icon
- Use it and type any phrase you want to reply with (e.g. omg, lol, dog)
- Choose an image to insert
- Submit your comment