Why Do I Need API Access?
To utilize GIPHY for WordPress Comments, to allow user replying with GIFs. To load GIPHY library, API access is required.
To access the API, you will need:
- a GIPHY account, which you can create at giphy.com/login
- a registered GIPHY app
Create And Bind An Application
To create a new GIPHY application, please do as follows:
- Go to https://developers.giphy.com/dashboard/
- Click the Create an App button
- In step 1, choose API and click Next Step
- In step 2, fill in the App Name, App Description, check the Terms, and click Create App
- After creating an app, you will find the API Key in your Dashboard
- Copy the API Key and paste it into WP Dashboard > Settings > CommentAce > WP Comment Form > GIPHY App Key
- Save Changes
- Now, you can test the GIPHY. Once you’re ready for launch, apply for a non-rate limited production key in the dev portal dashboard