Featured posts on top of an archive page. By default the section is called Latest Stories.
To adjust the Featured Entries look on all archive pages, please use the WP Dashboard > Appearance > Customize > Posts > Archive > Featured Entries section.
You can there:
- Disable that section as it’s optional
- Change its type to Recent, Most Viewed or Most Shared
- Change or hide the title
- Change the template
- Adjust time range for displayed posts
- Hide elements visible on a single post
- Show/Hide the Call to Action button
Most of the General Settings can be overridden for a category / tag. To do so, please go to the WP Dashboard > Posts > Categories / Tags / A category / A tag > Edit page > Featured Entries section.