Create a reaction
To create your own reactions, please:
- Go to the WP Dashboard › Posts panel
- Go to the Reactions section
- Set up the name for your new reaction
- Choose an icon from available sets or upload your own
- Slug and description fields are optional
- Put a number inside the Order field to affect the order in which reaction will be displayed next to others
- Press Add New Reaction button
Custom Icons and SVG Support
To use a custom icon, you will have to first upload it to your Media Library. If your icon is an SVG image, WordPress won’t allow you to upload it.
The reason SVG images are not allowed is that there are security concerns to be addressed. SVG is an XML file, which by itself opens it up to different vulnerabilities of which normal image formats are not affected.
Best and, what’s more important, a safe way to allow SVG uploads is to use the Safe SVG plugin. The theme is fully compatible with it, so when you enable the Safe SVG plugin it will take full control over uploaded SVGs, the same protect your site against SVG/XML vulnerabilities.
More detailed info about SVG security concerns you will find in the How to Safely Enable WordPress SVG Support article.